A Healthy Egg Salad recipe that packs a short list of whole ingredients and the delicious egg salad flavors you love.
This healthy egg salad is easy to whip up for lunches on-the-go, or meal-prepped to enjoy all week long.
Easy Healthy Egg Salad
Healthy egg salad is a fan favorite lunch around here. It comes together with just a few ingredients, plus it’s such a tasty thing to have on hand.
This healthy egg salad is:
why you’ll love it!
- high in protein: per serving, this healthy egg salad packs in 14g protein.
- low carb and sugar: this recipe only has 3g carb and 2g sugar/serving.
- bursting with flavor: classic egg salad flavors thanks to dijon mustard and a little mayo.
We call this healthy egg salad because we swapped the majority of the mayonnaise for Greek yogurt. Greek yogurt is still going to give you that tang, but it adds in lots of protein, too.
So, what can I sub for mayo in egg salad? Greek yogurt is our #1 choice, but you could also try sour cream.
Ingredients for Healthy Egg Salad
Made with just 6 ingredients, this healthy egg salad is so delicious and made with all basics. Here’s what you need:
- hard boiled eggs: you’ll need 8 hard boiled eggs for this recipe. We’re sharing a couple of our favorite HBE methods below.
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt is an alternative to using all mayo. Feel free to use any kind of plain Greek yogurt.
- mayo: while we’re subbing some of the mayo for Greek yogurt, every egg salad deserves some mayo! Any kind works.
- dijon mustard: dijon mustard is such a wonderful flavor add to this healthy egg salad recipe.
- sriracha: sriracha adds some heat to your salad.
- paprika: a hint of paprika adds a bit of smokiness to this egg salad.
How to Make Healthy Egg Salad
Prepare Hard Boiled Eggs
First, prepare 8 hard boiled eggs. There are many ways to do this, but we have 3 favorites:
all about the yolk
The longer you cook or boil your eggs, the more done the yolk will be. For healthy egg salad, it is best to have your yolks in between medium and well-done.
Once your hard boiled eggs are fully cooked and ready to go, it’s time to peel and chop them. If you are following our hard boiled eggs on the stove, we recommend letting your eggs sit in an ice bath for a few minutes. It will help make the eggs easier to peel.
Once you’ve peeled the gives, give them a nice rough chop and transfer them into a large bowl.
Add plain Greek yogurt, mayo, sriracha, dijon mustard and paprika to the eggs and mix until combined.
Use a wooden spoon or fork to mash some of the eggs, while keeping some chunkier for the perfect egg salad consistency.
Enjoy! Or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days to enjoy later.
Deviled Egg Salad
If you love this healthy egg salad, you HAVE to try our deviled egg salad. It tastes just like deviled eggs!
This healthy egg salad recipe is a star on its own enjoyed with a fork, but it’s definitely great paired with the following:
- on crackers
- on tortilla chips
- in a wrap
- on a sandwich
- on a green salad (spinach, romaine, kale, arugula, or your fave green)
Store egg salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.